We had a group assignment based on anything related to current affairs and my group, we were discussing some ideas and let me tell you this, (and I'm not bragging; its not a matter of pride for me) they depended on me to do the poster and the art presentation because I was the only one good at it. So, then someone comes up with the idea of doing a poster on ISIS.
ATM I was completely taken aback. Why do an assignment based on a group of monsters?
Why have anything to do with them at all? We lived in India! And there were so many other relevant topics to choose from and they choose this! I was in complete disagreement.
But then I figured, maybe they meant a poster against the ISIS, which I thought was agreeable. I would do that any day. And just when I thought things were going well, someone else goes,
"Oh and how about we make it like an invitation to join ISIS?"
I had never felt so angry, or so shocked at the same time. One because, what kind of person would even suggest an idea like that? Could anyone be so completely shallow? Can't they see the kind of things they do? Can't they see the war, the sorrow, the madness, the pain?
I was stunned. And furious. I wasn't going to have anything to do with it. I told them so.
I said I wasn't going to use the talents that my God whom I believe in, has given me, for a bunch of extremists who have caused such great suffering in this world! I knew there would be arguments and that they would talk behind my back even, but I didn't give a rats ass. I knew in my heart that I was brought up a certain way and that I wasn't going to support something like that, no matter how cool or how entertaining it may seem.
ATM I was completely taken aback. Why do an assignment based on a group of monsters?
Why have anything to do with them at all? We lived in India! And there were so many other relevant topics to choose from and they choose this! I was in complete disagreement.
But then I figured, maybe they meant a poster against the ISIS, which I thought was agreeable. I would do that any day. And just when I thought things were going well, someone else goes,
"Oh and how about we make it like an invitation to join ISIS?"
I had never felt so angry, or so shocked at the same time. One because, what kind of person would even suggest an idea like that? Could anyone be so completely shallow? Can't they see the kind of things they do? Can't they see the war, the sorrow, the madness, the pain?
I was stunned. And furious. I wasn't going to have anything to do with it. I told them so.
I said I wasn't going to use the talents that my God whom I believe in, has given me, for a bunch of extremists who have caused such great suffering in this world! I knew there would be arguments and that they would talk behind my back even, but I didn't give a rats ass. I knew in my heart that I was brought up a certain way and that I wasn't going to support something like that, no matter how cool or how entertaining it may seem.
It isn't cool. End of story.
I was adamant, and they finally caved in. It took a week. I maybe overreacting, or dramatic but I believed in something and I loved what I believed in with all my heart and I wasn't going to have something that has brought pain and suffering upon people to come into my life in any kind of way, and definitely not in my studies.
That's the end of this rant. I'm sorry if I bored you, or if this is just another addition to every other one of my meaningless posts on this blog but you see, this is the only place where I can express my feelings and thoughts, and I apologise if I'm annoying. There are tons of better blogs to look at.
Click "Next Blog>>". And Smile.
Oh just something, I wasn't present when they were making the poster so they took the opportunity and went with the ISIS idea. Really.I still can't believe it. There are actually people like this in the world. (And that's why we need more people like me and you to knock sense into their wooden heads. Idiots.)
ReplyDelete