Saturday, 5 December 2015

Taking lent, anyone?


I am trying to take a 'lent' as they call it, on sweets. Sweets meaning, candy, chocolate, pastries anything that makes for dessert. It's harder than it seems, this sacrificing. 

5 days down, 20 more to go. It would have been worthwhile some, if I lost weight along the way too but the damn weighing machine seems to want to depress me for eternity. 

I made this band (some string) to wear around my right hand -to remind me of my lent- in case my body goes on autopilot and  reaches for something I shouldn't be having. Which is happening a lot. 

My mother said she heard me crying in the night, and when she asked me why I mumbled something along the lines of "The cakes calling me but I can't move"

I think I'll survive. I hope. If I do, I'll let you know. If I don't, I'll tell my mom to let you guys know. 

Okay, so for those of you in similar conditions as mine, darlings, let's do this together. 

So painful is this love that I can't keep,
Burning my skin though I haven't touched
Cutting through my heart, cutting so deep
Your knife and my love remain clutched
So painful it is to be loved. 



Forgive the crappy poetry, I'm suffering from aglycophobia.

No comments:

Post a Comment