Saturday, 12 December 2015

12 more days for Christmas. :)

2 Macc 10: 7-8

"Therefore, carrying ivy wreathed wands and beautiful branches and  also  fronds of palm,
they offered hymns 
of Thanksgiving to Him
Who had given success to the 
purifying of His own holy place." 


     ~*~ 

I know it isn't Wednesday to technically call this a #VerseEveryWednesday post but I think I haven't done a post in a long time, so I guess it's okay? 

This verse was the first one I laid eyes on when I opened the Holy Bible and it touched me especially, because I've been struggling with the lent and I know that's how it is when you have to sacrifice something you like but it's my first time and it's pretty rough. 

And people keep forgetting that I'm lenting -or pretend to- and insist on offering me sweets every now and then because its general knowledge that I like chocolates. 

I do, yes. But not when I'm trying to give them up, and for Christ's sake, don't do this to anyone taking lent. It's a cruel, cruel thing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment